This week, we were assigned to sketch our name either in bubble letters or anything “better” than bubble letters and then paint it on some kind of surface. This activity was a bit challenging because I am not much of an illustrator.
For this project, I decided to do block letters. In the sketch, I had a bit of trouble shadowing the letters, but I think it ended up looking alright.
For the painting portion, I went out on a budget and bought a piece of wood and blue spray paint for $10. It was difficult to recreate my sketch with spray paint because my sketch had fine details and the spray paint was too thick. I ended up revising the design and I think it looks pretty decent. If I had more colors and practice, I’m sure I will be able to make it look a lot better.